Express Garage Doors - Sales Terms and Conditions
EXPRESS GARAGE DOORS LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. PAYMENT TERMS
- Terms are strictly payment to fitter on completion, unless otherwise agreed.
- Supply only doors must be paid for in full before delivery.
- Accepted methods of payment include Cheque/Debit Card/Cash.
- Payment on Insurance claims are the customer’s responsibility unless otherwise directed from Insurance Company, whereby they will pay outstanding amount direct to Express Garage Doors Ltd.
- In the event of default in payment by the customer the company will be entitled without prejudice to any other right or remedy to charge interest on any amount outstanding at the rate of 5% above the base rate operated by the company’s bank in force at the time when the payment was due.
2. ALL GOODS REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF EXPRESS GARAGE DOORS LTD UNTIL ACCOUNT IS SETTLED IN FULL.
3. Quotations are valid for up to 30 days after date of issue, unless otherwise agreed.
- Every installation of a new door is guaranteed against defective materials or workmanship for two years subject to normal use and reasonable maintenance which includes regular oiling of all moving parts. Operators and electrical/electronic installations are guaranteed as per manufacturer’s conditions, available on request.
- Supply only goods are subject to the manufacturers guarantee.
- No guarantees will be given on repairs carried out, unless superseded by specific manufacturers’ warranty.
- Full manufacturers warranty specifications are available on request.
- All new timber installed will be pre-treated with a base coat preservative.
- We undertake to mastic or fill ‘out of square’ gaps with timber fillets or PVC.
- Where existing timbers are thought to be unsuitable the client will be informed at the time of quotation or prior to fitting. Any judgement made by our representative involving the use of existing timbers in fitting a new door is made in good faith and no responsibility is accepted at any time after installation for the continued stability of existing timbers
- In the case of a slightly ‘out of square’ condition of an existing opening becoming apparent only when a door is set up in that opening. We shall install the door to operate as efficiently as possible within that opening.
- Whilst every care will be exercised in removing old materials/timber frames, no making good, pointing or rendering of existing brickwork will be undertaken.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for conditions due to uneven or sloping floors.
- To install your new garage door safely and efficiently, the garage must be cleared at least six feet back from the opening before the fitter arrives.
(h) Existing doors will be removed and disposed of free of charge unless advised to the contrary.
6. INSTALLATION SPECIFICATIONS
If the customer requires any variations or additions to our recommended installation specifications or its terms, which are available on request, then full details of the requirements must be furnished to the company in writing within 7 days from agreement date and the company will submit a further quotation therefore.